RUBI serves as a technology platform and intermediary between passengers ages seven (7) and older and their legal guardians and third-party transportation providers (“Drivers”). RUBI does not directly provide transportation services, nor does it serve as a transportation carrier or childcare provider.
To use The Services, you will first set up a User profile through this software platform. To create a User profile, you must provide a valid credit card number and set up a profile according to the prompts. The membership profile requires User to provide certain personally identifiable information and will require other information about User and Rider. You must provide accurate account information and promptly update this information if it changes.
Driver is not an employee of RUBI, but rather, an independent contractor providing transportation services directly to Rider and other passengers. Driver will receive, through RUBI’s digital network application, a connection to Rider to transport Rider between points You choose in exchange for Your payment of a fee to RUBI. RUBI shall subsequently remit payment to Driver according to mutually agreeable terms as set forth between RUBI and Driver.
RUBI will not permit or instruct Driver to pick up Rider if Rider or User hails Driver from the street or through any means other than this software platform; nor will Driver discharge Rider at random except at Your request.
RUBI shall take precautions to ensure that any ratings that our Drivers make of You are not based on unlawful discrimination, and that Driver does not discriminate against passengers or potential passengers on the basis of geographic endpoints of the ride, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, or sexual orientation/identity.
Unless otherwise agreed in a separate written agreement, The Services are solely for personal, noncommercial use, and You are authorized to access and use The Services, including this software platform, solely for personal use.
RUBI and Driver reserve the right to refuse services to any passenger or passenger’s legal guardian, including User or Rider, at their discretion for cause.
Driver’s provision of transportation services to Rider through User’s account creates a direct business relationship between Driver and User. Although RUBI conducts significant screenings of its transportation providers and prides itself on providing trustworthy rideshare services, RUBI simply cannot provide these services and also accept liability for actions or inactions outside of its control. As such, RUBI is not responsible for the actions or inactions of Driver in direct relation to User or Rider, or for the vehicle possessed by Driver and used to provide transportation services under this Agreement (“Driver’s Vehicle”). Driver has sole responsibility for any obligations or liabilities to User, Rider and third parties that arise from Driver’s provision of transportation services. User assumes responsibility for taking such precautions as may be reasonable and proper regarding any acts or omissions of Driver or other third party.
You must be at least eighteen (23) years of age. You assume full responsibility for the acts or omissions of Rider in connection with The Services and the acts of anyone authorized to arrange for The Services through Your RUBI account. You represent and warrant to Us that You will only book rides for Riders for whom You are the parent or legal guardian, or for whom You have been specifically authorized to do so by the parent or legal guardian of Rider, and he, she or they have agreed to the terms and conditions contained herein.
RUBI shall suffer no liability for any of the acts, negligence, omissions, or any other conduct of User or Rider at any time related to any activities specified herein; and User agrees to hold RUBI, its officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, and its agents, harmless from any and all claims arising from User's or Rider’s activities, acts or omissions.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, User will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless RUBI and each of our respective officers, directors, agents, partners and employees from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and costs (“Claims”) arising out of or related to (a) User’s and Ryder’s access to or use of The Services; (b) User Content; (c) User’s violation of this Agreement; (d) User’s or Ryder’s violation, misappropriation or infringement of any rights of another person or entity (including intellectual property rights or privacy rights); (e) any breach or alleged breach of any representation or warranty in this Agreement; or (e) User’s or Ryder’s conduct in connection with The Services, including any bodily injury or property damage User or Rider causes. User agrees to promptly notify RUBI of any third-party Claims, cooperate with RUBI in defending such Claims and pay all fees, costs and expenses associated with defending such Claims (including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees). User also agrees that RUBI will have control of the defense or settlement of any third-party Claims. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between User and RUBI.
You make use of The Services at Your sole risk. The Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In addition, RUBI does not represent or warrant that The Services are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. RUBI cannot and does not represent or warrant that The Services are free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume the entire risk as to the quality and performance of The Services.
To protect the safety of Rider and effectiveness of services provided by RUBI, RUBI reserves the right to record Rider with audio, video, or both, using cameras installed in vehicles used by Driver while performing services under this Agreement, and You consent to any and all recording of User or Rider or both during the provision of said services.
Upon responding to a request for service, Driver will arrive at the scheduled pick-up location at the designated time. Driver will wait for Rider at that location for a period of up to twenty (20) minutes. If Rider does not show up within twenty (20) minutes of the scheduled pick-up time, Driver reserves the right to leave the designated pick-up location and cancel the trip.
- Confidential Information.
- The parties agree that RUBI is engaged in a business with certain unique techniques and assets, including but not limited to the following: customer and client lists; computer programs and software relating to RUBI’ services; RUBI’ rates; the names, addresses and other records of individual accounts, including the names and addresses of minors; payment and financial records for all accounts; customer claims and request information ("Confidential Information"). Except as otherwise provided herein, all Confidential Information is the sole and exclusive property of Rubi at all times including during the term of this Agreement and all times thereafter. At no time shall User have any right, title or interest in any of RUBI’ Confidential Information, nor authority to disclose any of same. This Section shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- RUBI shall take all reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality of sensitive personal information related to User and Driver. However, RUBI shall comply with all provisions of law and regulations, including but not limited to MD Code, Public Utilities, § 10-406, Imposition of assessments, and similar provisions under other states’ laws, which may require certain reports and disclosures to regulatory bodies from time to time.
- User Content. To the extent that RUBI’ digital platform enables User to post photos, reviews, and other content from time to time (“User Content”), User retains all rights in and to that User Content. User grants RUBI a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, fully-paid, and sub-licensable license to reproduce, distribute, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, publicly perform, publicly display and otherwise use the User Content, and any name, username or likeness provided in connection with the User Content, in any media or media in connection with The Services without compensation to User. If User posts or otherwise share reviews on or through third-party social media sites or other content that is intended to be shared, such User Content and any associated information (such as usernames or profile photos for such third-party social media sites) may be visible to the public. User is solely responsible for any User Content posted.
- The Services and the text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations, trademarks, trade names, service marks, logos, slogans and other content contained therein (collectively, the “RUBI Content”) are owned by or licensed to RUBI and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in this Agreement, RUBI and its licensors reserve all rights in and to The Services and the RUBI Content.
- License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, RUBI hereby grants User a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-assignable, revocable license during the term of this Agreement to use RUBI Content solely for personal use. All rights not expressly conveyed herein are reserved by RUBI. Specifically but not exclusively, User does not have any right to (a) sell, resell or commercially use The Services or RUBI Content; (b) copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display RUBI Content, except as expressly permitted; (c) modify the RUBI Content, remove any proprietary rights notices or markings, or otherwise make any derivative uses of The Services or RUBI Content; or (d) use The Services or RUBI Content other than for their intended purposes. Any use of The Services or RUBI Content other than as specifically authorized herein, without Rubi’ prior written permission, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior negotiations, representations, and agreements between the parties.
Driver Supplemental Terms. By using the RUBI Platform to provide Services as a Driver, you acknowledge, represent, warrant, and agree that:
You are an independent provider of transportation services. You use the RUBI Platform in order to advertise and connect with other Users who wish to arrange for your Services, and you provide Services to other Users of the Platform solely on behalf of yourself and your own independently established business, not on behalf of RUBI. The relationship between you and RUBI under these Terms is solely that of independent contracting parties. You and Rubi expressly agree that (i) this is not an employment agreement and does not create an employment relationship between you and RUBI, and (ii) no joint venture, franchisor- franchisee, partnership, or agency relationship is intended or created by these Terms. You have no authority to bind RUBI, and you undertake not to hold yourself out as an employee, agent or authorized representative of RUBI.
RUBI does not, and shall not be deemed to, direct or control you generally or in your performance under these Terms specifically, including in connection with your provision of Services, your acts or omissions, or your operation and maintenance of your vehicle. You retain the sole right to determine when, where, and for how long you will utilize the RUBI Platform. You retain the option to accept or to decline or ignore an Organizer’s request for Services via the RUBI Platform, or to cancel an accepted request for Services via the RUBI Platform, subject to RUBI’s then-current cancellation policies. You determine the rate for your Services when using the RUBI Platform by deciding when and how often to accept ride requests and which ride requests to accept.
With the exception of any signage required by law or permit/license rules or requirements, RUBI does not require you to: (i) display RUBI’s names, logos or colors on your vehicle(s); or, (ii) wear a uniform or any other clothing displaying RUBI’s names, logos or colors. You acknowledge and agree that you have complete discretion to provide Services or otherwise engage in other business or employment activities.
You have a valid driver’s license and all other required licenses, certifications, permits, approvals and authority to provide independent transportation and caregiving services to third parties in all jurisdictions in which you operate as a Driver using the RUBI Platform. You must provide written copies of all required licenses, permits and other documentation necessary to establish your ability to operate as a Driver.
You have and can provide of proof of valid liability insurance consistent with all applicable legal requirements that names or schedules you for the operation of the vehicle you use to provide Services.
You own, or have the legal right to operate, the vehicle you use when providing Services, and such vehicle is in good operating condition and meets industry and all applicable statutory and state department of motor vehicle requirements for a vehicle of its kind.
You will only provide Services using the vehicle that has been reported to and approved by RUBI. You agree to update your account to reflect any change to your vehicle information and provide all requisite information for vehicle approval in advance of using the vehicle to provide Services.
You will not attempt to defraud RUBI, Users, or any other third party on the RUBI Platform or in connection with your provision of Services. If we suspect that you have engaged in fraudulent activity, we may deactivate your account and/or withhold applicable payments for the ride(s) in question.
You agree that we may obtain information about your background on a continuous and ongoing basis, including criminal history and driving records, and you agree to provide any further necessary authorizations to facilitate our access to such records during the term of these Terms, consistent with applicable law or regulations. You agree to immediately self-report any arrest, conviction, or driving infraction.
By accepting a ride request, you are entering into an agreement with the Organizer to transport the Rider to a predetermined drop off location. You must transport a Rider directly to the predetermined drop-off location selected by the Organizer.
You must be able to provide satisfactory verification of your identity to the Organizer or Enterprise Customer as the Driver that was matched with the Rider. Unless required by law, regulation, or ordinance, you are not required to wear a RUBI t-shirt or other RUBI-branded apparel. Nothing in these Terms shall limit your right to display your own business name, logo or colors on your vehicle or your apparel. You may not misrepresent to the public that you are using the RUBI Platform to provide Services if you are not actually using the Platform at the time the Services are provided.
You must be able to communicate with RUBI, including its representatives and agents, and Organizers and Rider to whom you provide Services.
You must comply with all state and federal laws, local ordinances and regulations that apply to the operation of a motor vehicle in the jurisdiction in which you provide Services. You will not engage in reckless behavior while driving, drive unsafely, operate a vehicle that is unsafe to drive, permit an unauthorized third party to accompany you in the vehicle while providing Services, provide Services as a Driver while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, engage in illegal use of a mobile device, or take action that harms or threatens the safety of the Rider, RUBI community, or third-parties. More information regarding restricted activity can be found in the Zero Tolerance Policy.
You acknowledge and agree to abide by any applicable drug and alcohol testing policies. By agreeing to the Terms, you further acknowledge that you have received, reviewed, and agree to RUBI’s drug and alcohol testing policies, and voluntarily consent to the testing described therein.
You must have a current and working cell phone registered on your RUBI account at all times.
During a ride, you must not interfere with the operation of the Application or disable the collection of location-based information from your mobile device.
You will make reasonable accommodation for Riders and/or for service animals, as required by law.
You are responsible for maintaining any business licenses or certifications required by law, ordinance, or regulation
By using the Platform to provide Services, you consent to and hereby authorizes RUBI (directly or through a service provider) to collect, use, store, and share certain driving and other location-based data while the Application is open or being used as set forth in the Terms.
You will pay all applicable federal, state and local taxes based on your provision of Services and any payments received by you.